What would you do if you couldn’t stop your car? We here at Automotive Specialists in Westminster, CO, never want you to find out. This is why we are the top brake specialists in the city. We can service and repair your vehicle’s brake system so you know that you can rely on it every time you press down on the brake pedal. Let’s talk about our brake services and why they and brake repairs are so important.
We Work On All Brake Systems
We know ABS, air, disc, and drum brakes like the backs of our hands. Our certified technicians have vast experience in repairing all brake system types. This means you never have to take your automobile to a brake shop. We can take care of your brakes here along with your other automotive services and repairs. We are your one-stop-auto-shop in Westminster.
Brake Inspections Are Crucial to Your Safety
We recommend brake inspections every 12,000 miles to make sure everything is working as it should be in your vehicle’s brake system. We’ll check everything from the brake fluid to the pad depth to the master cylinder. If anything needs to be replaced, we’ll replace it so your brake system is always in like-new condition and never in danger of failing.
Brake Service in Westminster, CO
Common brake system preventative maintenance that we perform regularly includes
- Brake fluid check every 12,000 miles
- Brake fluid flush and refill every 30,000 miles
- Brake line bleeding at every brake fluid flush
- Brake line inspection every 12,000 miles
- Brake pad depth measurement every 12,000 miles
- Brake pad replacement every 30,000 miles
- Caliper check every 12,000 miles
- Caliper replacement every 75,000 miles
- Master cylinder inspection every 12,000 miles
- Rotor check every 12,000 miles
- Rotor resurfacing every 60,000 miles
Your brake system fluid and parts might not need to be changed at the exact milestones listed above. This is why we inspect your brake system first. If we don’t need to change the parts, we won’t.
Brake Repair in Westminster, CO
Your brake system might need to be repaired if you notice any of the following brake problems
- ABS or Brake warning lights on the dashboard
- Burning smells coming from the brakes
- Grinding brakes when you slow down and stop
- Leaking brake fluid from the lines or master cylinder
- Pulling to the right or left when you apply the brakes
- Scraping brakes when you slow down and stop
- Smoke coming from behind the tires and wheels
- Soft, squishy, sinking brake pedal when you depress it
- Squealing brakes while you drive or when you stop
- Wobbling or vibration when you apply the brakes
To prevent your brakes from failing, it’s important to have any of these things checked right away and you can do so at Automotive Specialists, Inc., the best auto repair shop in Westminster, CO.